Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Sequel








Deb's Little Blue Box


Special Delivery from Privas, France



Perhaps you remember my post from New Years Day 2014.  I sat down with a cup of cocoa and opened up the "Little Blue Box" in which I had stored all my tidbits and treasures for the year.  With great excitement, I read notes & emails, records of special happenings, and anything I had deemed noteworthy at the time...  

...Yesterday I got a very special delivery.  It was an envelope from France and its contents were definitely "Little Blue Box" worthy. It was such a wonderful surprise from Claudette. She included a 20-30 year old postcard from Privas with a hand-made onionskin key to the various pictures and locations.  Of special interest was the location of her home which was my great-great grandparents' home.  She sent a postcard of cute little goats and on the back was her own story of taking care of goats when she was a little girl (carefully handwritten and painstakingly translated from French into English).  Most of all, I love the little package of dried "mimosa" with the note that said, "for the small blue Box!"  I have to tell you, it made me cry!
 


 


These are some pictures I took of Claudette's home when we visited her last spring.  Knowing this was our family's homestead many, many years ago, she graciously invited us to visit.  We had a wonderful afternoon with her, her husband, and son.  They gave us a tour, told stories and served a delicious homemade cake with juice and coffee.  It was a special day where some wonderful memories were made.  And now ...the story continues.











No comments:

Post a Comment