Thursday, December 12, 2013

Especially for Me





   
 
 

"Earth's crammed with Heaven,

and every common bush afire with God;

but only he who sees takes off his shoes.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning
 
 
Last evening was not so good.  Last night wasn't either...I woke up at 3:00a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep.  A lot on my mind.  But on my way to the kitchen this morning, I just happened to look back over my shoulder and noticed this beautiful light and shadow picture.  It seems that the early morning sun was shining through our back windows and deposited the silhouetted image of trees in our backyard, and the star on the top of our Christmas tree, and little wisps of light peeking through the shutters all on my wall.  I noticed it, snapped a picture, enjoyed it, and then it was gone.
 
Then over breakfast and my personal quiet time, I happened upon the quote by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.  Guess you could say God shared some beauty with me this morning.  I am appreciative and grateful! (And my shoes are off).


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts and I know you needed them badly. How Providential!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I watched my wall again this morning in hopes of seeing the beautiful image once more. I checked at 7:00, 7:30, 8:00, 8:15, 8:30...didn't happen. I'm NOT disappointed. It makes yesterday's experience all the more special, doesn't it?!

      Delete