Wednesday, December 11, 2013

"Prozac Art"

I'm not all that original.  But I can agree with a good idea when I find one. This week's Blog from the Oil Painters of America website was a good one. One of the points that resonated with me was what Scott Jones of Legacy Gallery (Scottsdale) had to say.  When he speaks of "Prozac Art" he said, "There is enough stress in everyone's lives, people are needing and buying peaceful, pretty art that soothes their minds and souls." Check out the article in its entirety at: Dec 2, 2013 OPA BLOG: How to Prepare a Winning Portfolio

I'm on that same page.  My most recent "ARTIST BIO" states: "Deb has focused primarily on the painting of sheep and pastoral settings...In this sometimes harsh and difficult world in which we live, a kinder-and-gentler art form seems to resonate.  Engaging, uplifting, warm, nurturing, and spiritual, are all descriptors that can be applied to my paintings."

Hmmm...take a look at my latest paintings. They are GREEN (literally) & PASTORAL.



These paintings are available at either GiacobbeFritz Fine Art, the Denver Athletic Club, or The National Western Club Show (at the Denver Stock Show).  Feel free to contact me for more info. 


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment